Wednesday, September 18, 2013

final calendar design


For the final composition of my strength calendars I stuck with the art deco style and decided to simplify a few things. the first was to get rid of the white border around the month I believed it started to make the calendar look a bit too crowded and wasn' t really necessary. I then decided to change the year at the top by adding type for the number 13 instead of using actual numbers, the one and three didn't align quite right and I thought the problem was solved by just spelling it out, whilst also making a more interesting composition. I also used color lines to separate the weeks making the calendar quick and easy to read.  
For my weakness calendar I decided to use a horizontal art board and a serif font because to be completely honest I hate using serif fonts in typography, I also used one color and overlapped layers over each other with different variations of opacity. I was pleased with the outcome. I also decided to leave a lot of negative space for the dates and large letterforms to take up the negative space around it. I separated the days with thin lines at the top which I believe makes the weakness calendar easier to read as well. 











No comments:

Post a Comment